- Expected Amendments To The Tax Legislation For 2017
- Supreme Court ruling on hostile takeover defence costs
- New rules of e-signature
- The Rules Of Compensation For Debt Recovery Costs
- Provisions on the new Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Public Health Product Tax – Tax Allowance For Health Promotion Programmes
- The Most Important Tax Legislative Changes Effective From 2016
- The Legal Aspects Of Telework
- Easier Data Transfer To Countries Outsite The EU
- New Feature For Invoicing Softwares Required
- Mandatory Employment Of Fire Protection Specialists
- Amended Rules Of Proceedings For The Protection Of Possession
- Changing Advertising Tax Rates
Over the course of 2018, Corvinus University is hosting a series of events to honor internationally acclaimed economist János Kornai, who turns 90 on Sunday, January 21. The series started off with a conference, at which Professor Kornai gave a speech, alongside leading economists, who examined the impact his ideas on the eurozone and his analyses comparing the economics of socialism and capitalism. More...
bbj.hu / MTI
The Budapest Stock Exchange (BÉT) needs new issues and new issuers as it continues to build up Hungaryʼs capital market, the bourseʼs Chairman-CEO Richárd Végh said at a press conference on Thursday, as summarized by state news agency MTI. More...
Both the Ministry for National Economy and the National Bank of Hungary (MNB) expect GDP growth of around 4% in 2017, according to statements made recently by representatives of the two institutions. The central bank also forecasts growing investments. More...
In November 2017, the number of nights spent by international tourists in commercial accommodation in Hungary rose 8.7%, while nights spent by domestic tourists rose 5.6% compared to a year earlier, according to monthly figures released by the Central Statistical Office (KSH). Total gross revenues of accommodation establishments grew 16% year-on-year. More...
...A dozen countries in Central and Eastern Europeare trying to eliminate a key hole in their infrastructure that experts believe has held back their economic development. The Three Seas Initiative (TSI) aims to foster closer regional cooperation in building a network of highways, railways and gas terminals — a new connectivity architecture supporters say will better integrate the region with the rest of Europe. More...
Mooreland Partners (www.moorelandpartners.com), the leading independent investment bank providing M&A and private capital advisory services to the global technology industry, today announced that it acted as the exclusive financial advisor to Hungary-based Balabit in its sale to leading Texas-based security software vendor One Identity, a Quest Software business. The transaction was publicly announced and closed on January 17, 2018. More...
One of the main players in the Hungarian healthcare sector, German-owned B. Braun Medical will expand its capacity with an EUR 100 million investment in Gyöngyös. At the new plant 407 new jobs will be created. More...
Hungarian Foreign Minister Péter Szijjártó, starting an official visit to Washington, DC, has claimed that a new phase in Hungary-US ties has arrived. The minister argued that significant changes were afoot at the State Department. More...
Central Statistical Office
- Consumer prices were 2.1% higher on average in December 2017 than a year earlier. In 2017 as a whole, consumer prices rose by 2.4% on average compared to the previous year. Details
- Agricultural producer prices were 7.7% higher in November 2017 than in the corresponding period of 2016, which was made up of increases of 8.6% in the price of crop products and 6.4% in the price of live animals and animal products. Details...
- The volume of construction output was 30.7% higher in November 2017 than the low base a year earlier, while output slightly dropped compared to the previous month. Details
Budapest Business Journal
National Bank of Hungary (MNB) Governor György Matolcsy called for comprehensive competitiveness-boosting reforms in Hungary, with a further reduction of the personal income tax as a key element, in an interview published in Thursdayʼs issue of weekly Figyelő, summarized by state news agency MTI. More...