- Supreme Court ruling on hostile takeover defence costs
- New rules of e-signature
- The Rules Of Compensation For Debt Recovery Costs
- Provisions on the new Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Public Health Product Tax – Tax Allowance For Health Promotion Programmes
- The Most Important Tax Legislative Changes Effective From 2016
- The Legal Aspects Of Telework
- Easier Data Transfer To Countries Outsite The EU
- New Feature For Invoicing Softwares Required
- Mandatory Employment Of Fire Protection Specialists
- Amended Rules Of Proceedings For The Protection Of Possession
- Changing Advertising Tax Rates
- Pannon Fuel is anticipated to begin the construction of 39 compressed natural gas (CNG) stations in Hungary in fall, the Hungarian Association for Gas-Fueled Transport (MGKKE) said, Hungarian news agency MTI reported today. More on bbj.hu
- A liquefied natural gas terminal (LNG) will be added to the port of Csepel on the Danube in the south of Budapest by the end of 2019, the Hungarian Association for Gas-Fueled Transport (MGKKE) said, according to a report today by Hungarian news agency MTI. More bbj.hu
- Ukraine increases imports of European gas. More on UAWire.
China's BYD, the world's biggest manufacturer of electric buses, has begun construction of its Hungarian assembly plant in Komárom, according to unconfirmed sources. The investment could be very lucrative to the company, but Hungary could also profit from it. More...
Portfolio / Raffeisen
As a result of the labor shortage that has surfaced over the past year or two, wages in Hungary have began an upward climb, although the gap to other Visegrád countries remains around 15 to 20%. In the short term, the lack of workers is likely to maintain fast wage dynamics, but only competitive businesses will be able to afford these wage hikes, while others with worse starting positions will enter a vicious circle and fall increasingly behind, analysts at Raiffeisen Bank said in their quarterly assessment, adding that the current fast wage outflow is expected to slow gradually. More...
Hungary posted a sizeable budget deficit in June, but that was announced two weeks ago. What is more important is what processes were in the background. More...
Hungary’s Minister of Foreign Affairs and Trade Péter Szijjártó signed deals with three US-based companies for investments that are expected to create hundreds of jobs in Hungary, the minister said yesterday during his visit to Washington, according to Hungarian news agency MTI. More...
In line with earlier projections, K&H Bank expects new loans worth HUF 500 billion this year in the entire market segment, while subsidies from the CSOK home creation program for families are expected to reach HUF 40 billion. K&H, which holds about a sixth of the mortgage market, expects certain regulations to be loosened or clarified over the coming months. More...
GDP growth of 3.1% in Central and Eastern Europe (CEE) in 2015 was nearly double the 1.6% growth seen in the eurozone countries. At the same time, long-term estimates see Hungary’s GDP growing by 2.1%, according to a joint press release issued today by Skanska Group, Dentons, JLL, and ABSL. More...
The economic sentiment index compiled by think tank GKI rose markedly in July, with both business and consumer expectations improving, although both figures remain below the January 2016 level. More...
BNE Intellinews / By Blanka Zoldi
With two rating agencies’ reviews scheduled for this autumn, Hungary is hoping for a second investment grade that could convince cautious investors to return to the country. After Standard & Poor's suggested that it is unlikely to follow Fitch in upgrading Hungary in its scheduled review in September, the focus has turned to Moody’s. The rating agency left Budapest on tenterhooks at its last review in the wake of Brexit, but the market expects Moody’s to upgrade the country’s sovereign in November. More...
During the past 25 years, nearly 20 million people are estimated to have left Central, Eastern and Southeastern Europe... The large-scale emigration - through its externalities - may also have slowed growth and income convergence in CESEE economies... The Fund’s economists also made recommendations. More... - Full report on IMF's home page.